Ellipses Pharma Ltd
Website Privacy Notice
Last updated: December 2020
Ellipses Pharma Ltd (“Ellipses“) respects your right to privacy and is the controller of your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect through our website at www.ellipses.life (“Website”) and to information collected about our professional contacts, such as our investors, suppliers, key opinion leaders and drug development contacts.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact our Data Protection Manager, Sarah Jackson at: DPO@ellipses.dpc.uk.com
Ellipses Pharma Ltd, 10 Stratton Street, London, W1J 8LG
+44 (0)20 3743 0992
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What personal information does Ellipses collect and why?
We process personal information about you for purposes including:
- enlisting, liaising with, making payments to and developing relationships with our professional contacts;
- raising investments to support the growth of Ellipses;
- obtaining professional advice from lawyers, key opinion leaders, accountants and other professional advisors;
- addressing the questions or queries submitted to us, including via our website;
- understanding how you use our website and other analytics purposes;
- maintaining the security of our website, premises, employees and visitors.
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily. If you contact us through the contact form on our website or by phone or email, we may ask you to provide
your name and contact information to us along with other details such as job title. If you are a key opinion leader or individual vendor and receive
payment or expenses from Ellipses relating to your services then you may also provide us with personal payment details. Depending on the services
you provide we may also ask for details about your professional qualifications and experience which could also include your date of birth
and citizenship. You may also provide us other details about you such as those related to your enquiry or the services you provide to Ellipses.
- Information that we collect automatically. When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources. From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your
personal information to us. We use the information we receive from these third parties to vet our potential investors and suppliers.
Who does Ellipses share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery
of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are
described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information. Our main service providers who help us to store your
personal information are Google Inc and Hetzner GmbH.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a
matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of
our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal information from you:
- where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, such as our contracts with key opinion leaders, personal investors and vendors acting in their personal capacity;
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, for example for the purposes of maintaining business
relationships with our suppliers and professional contacts, responding to queries and for the purposes of improving our business;
- where we have your consent to do so;
- where we have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital
interests or those of another person, for example in a medical emergency. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided above.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Ellipses keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. Specifically, we use hosting and data storage services located in Germany, and your data will be managed in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for
example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights, which you can exercise by contacting us using the contact details above:
- the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information.
- the right to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of
your personal information.
- if we process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not
affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information
conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please
contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, www.ico.org.uk.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.